Journey to the office in Dresden
Using the railway
Frequent IC/ICE train connections from Frankfurt/Main, Erfurt and Leipzig; two-hourly connections from direction Hamburg, Berlin and Prague; hourly regional trains from Nuermburg, Plauen (Vogtland), Chemnitz and Goerlitz up to Dresden Hauptbahnhof (main station).
From Dresden main station:
- To walk in about 10 minutes: Leave main station through the middle hall and head for southerly (right-hand) direction crossing below the high-level station tracks. Cut across the square (Friedrich-List-Platz) to Hochschule für Technik und Wirtschaft (HTW) (University of Applied Sciences, No. 6 at the extract from city map below). From there, turn right alongside Hochschulstraße until our office on the left side of the street.
- By tram no. 3 or 8 (stop at the main entrance of the main station) to Reichenbachstraße (1st stop, approx. 1 minute ride time). Walk approx. 5 minutes: From the running direction of the tram, head left into Reichenbachstraße, next street right is Hochschulstraße (see extract from city map).
- By bus no. 66 (stop at the main entrance of the main station) to Technische Universität (University of Technology, 2nd stop, approx. 3 minutes ride time). Walk back about 200 metres alongside Hochschulstraße (see extract from city map).
Coming from Frankfurt am Main, Magdeburg and Leipzig, take the A4 motorway at Dresden-West (77b) onto the A17 towards Pirna. Leave the A17 motorway at Dresden-Südvorstadt in the direction of Dresden-Zentrum (B170). Pass Fritz-Foerster-Platz (see sketch) and then turn right into Reichenbachstraße. At the next crossroad turn right again into Hochschulstraße and drive straight ahead for about 300m.
From Rostock, Berlin, Stettin, Görlitz and Breslau leave the A4/A13 motorway at Dresden-Hellerau (81a) and drive in the direction of Dippoldiswalde/Prague. After passing the main station, turn left at the next traffic lights into Reichenbachstraße. At the next crossroad turn right into Hochschulstraße and drive straight ahead for about 300m.
Map and key
1) Fraunhofer-Gesellschaft, Institute for Transportation and Infrastructure Systems (IVI), Zeunerstraße 38
2) Sächsische Staats, -Landes- und Universitäts-Bibliothek (SLUB), Zelleschwer Weg 18
3) Vice-chancellor's office of the Dresden University of Technology, Mommsenstraße 11
4) the Friedrich List Faculty of Transport and Traffic Sciences of the TU Dresden, Gerhart-Potthoff-Bau, Hettnerstraße 1-3
5) Planned builing of Fraunhofer-IVI, Münchner Straße
6) HTW Dresden, Friedrich-List-Platz 1/Hochschulstraße