iPLAN- Module Circulation Plan
With the help of the circulation plan it is determined, which drives or services vehicles - engines or also wagon groups put down in the train windows of the graphic timetable, which are based on the train sections - are assigned after termination of previous dirves or services. In simple cases this sequences of transitions between single drives/services repeats constantly periodic in days or weeks, what explains the name "circulation". IN reality of railway operation this ideal case is often interrupted by deviations because of construction measures or also only because of calendar effects (e.g. holidays). Of course the iPLAN circulation plan module allows especially in this cases an effective and focused working.
A concrete given timetable can be usually realized in a variety of alternative circulation plans. A variety of factors carries weight on which variant is finally driven. Among other hings from that hinges on, how many vehicles are actually needed, if the train compositions need to be adjusted in regard to the circulation (beyond the capacitive necessary degree) or if additional empty runs are required. It is obvious that: Ciculation plans are not only obligatorily for an economical railway operation while the dayly operational process but also they are increasingessential for vehicle procurements and stategic supply planning - e.g. at regional passenger rail transport tenderings.
The iPLAN module circulation plan allows the user to find not only any but a custom-made solution in regard to defined goal criteria with the help of softwarebased implemented optimization algorithms.
Significant functional performance features of the iPLAN module circulation plan are among others:
- computer-aides optimization available for selectable goal criteria (less vehicles or fewer empty runs in the circulation)
- graphical (mouse-based) working in assigning of transitions for manual planning of circulations
- mapping of general or concrete week of the timetable period, operating days exact presentation
- filling cycles, mileage recording, filter finctions (e.g. for lines, special circulation numbers or single train sections at special operating days)
- special services, stays in a repair shop, shunting movements can be considered
- possible distribution of a circulation plan in seperate individual schemes
- easy synchronization of changed timetable data by integrated data model
- help functions for management of empty runs in combination with graphic timetables
- planner gets support by solution requirement windows (listing of conflicts or uncertainties)
- placement of compulsory transitions, which sholdn't be varied while optimization runs
- inner and extended days of the week groups for simultaneous editing of several operation days
- definable turning time conditions
- supports the planning of turning and parking technologies
- drives and services can be augmented manually
- next to graphical also tabular circulation rendering and exports possible
- statistical evaluations
- week and day view
- help function for the print layout (operation days to be included, distribution)